Career Link is accepting applications; however, due to COVID-19, it wil take longer to process applications.  Allow 4-6 weeks for Career Link's intake and assessment prior to the start date of your training program. 

Career Link serves central Illinois residents in Fulton, Marshall, Mason, McLean, Peoria, Stark, Tazewell and Woodford counties.

Career Services and Tuition Assistance are available to eligible individuals. You may be eligible if you:

  • Have had a fairly low income over the past six months; or
  • Have lost a job within the past four years due to business closure, lack of work, or honorable military discharge; or
  • Have depended on the income of a spouse and lost access to the income in the past four years.

Career Services and Tuition Assistance are provided to individuals that best meet the eligibility criteria established by the federal Department of Labor, as determined by professional Career Planners.  No tuition assistance or other benefits can be paid without prior approval.  Apply to Career Link before enrolling in school on your own.

Before you apply below, please read the "Complaint Procedures", "General Policies for Assistance", and "Applicant Checklist" forms at  The "Applicant Checklist" explains the information that is required to complete Career Link applications.  Applications cannot be partially completed and saved to complete at another time.

Career Services

Work one-on-one with a trained Career Planner on your job search. Services include Career Planning, Interview Skills Training, Job Search Assistance, Mock Interviews and Resume and Cover Letter Design Assistance. Our staff will work with you from resume creation, through the interview process and follow-up, to negotiating the salary and accepting your new job!

If you need assistance filling out these forms, please call 309.321.0260.

Tuition Assistance

Eligible individuals may receive Tuition Assistance to train for careers in high-growth occupations. Tuition Assistance can pay up to $22,000 for up to two years of training at a local community college, private school or university. Additional Supportive Services may also be available as needed. 

If you need assistance filling out these forms, please call 309.321.0260.